How are you?
I finished the first draft of Prison Witch. It’ll lay fallow like a field for a bit, but I’m excited to send it off to the betas soon. It’s wild to think that the Red Witch Chronicles will end in another book or two. I’ve had these imaginary people in my brain for 4-5 years.
Haha, this book series has gone on longer than any of my romantic relationships.
Since I’m not ready to say goodbye, I am working on a short story to add to find the final publication version of Prison Witch. As I outline the last stories in the Red Witch Chronicles, I’d love to know what side and supporting characters that you want to see more of. You can let me know at this post on my Facebook or reply to this email.
While I’ve been writing, I’ve also been collecting fun bookmemes. Check those at the bottom of this blog.
For those who’ve been following the sneak peeks of A Time of Demons and Destiny, you can find chapters 1-4 in my Facebook reader group. This is the historical prequel to the Red Witch Chronicles, fyi. It’s a dark fantasy like Penny Dreadful and Trueblood.
One of my favorite drinks is a London Fog. I found a recipe that is the perfect companion to the historical series.
Lavender London Fog (via Tasy.co)
Ingredients for 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons earl grey tea
- ¼ teaspoon culinary lavender
- ½ cup hot water
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon agave nectar, optional
- ground cinnamon, for disting
- Steep the tea and lavender in the hot water for 7 minutes.
- Froth the milk by adding it to a resealable jar. Shake vigorously until many bubbles form. Then, microwave the milk for 45 seconds to 1 minute, which will help create stable bubbles.
- Remove the tea, then stir in the frothed milk, vanilla, and agave.
- Dust with a bit of cinnamon, if desired.
I recently bought the first three books of the Merry Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton. That is my treat for finishing Prison Witch. I hope that I like them!
Have a great weekend, folks!
PS. Listen to this video for the best ambiance for A Time of Demons & Destiny.